What if you could convert your bathroom into an in-home spa that will not only help remove toxins from your body, but would rejuvenate your skin, refresh tired muscles after a workout and help you sleep more soundly at night? Is this something that you would enjoy? If you would like an “easy button” to take advantages of these benefits on a daily basis, then a steam shower offers you that easy button which will convert your dreams into reality. Today’s hectic lifestyle trends make steam a more attractive option. A steam shower creates a personal oasis in your home that provides an escape from the outside world. It is a space that you can call your own, devoid of texts and tweets, that enables you and other family members to literally wash away the stresses of the day.
Steam’s therapeutic benefits stem from increasing the body temperature ideally to 100-103 degrees Fahrenheit. Increased body temperature occurs quickly in a steam bath. As the body temperature rises, pores open and the body starts to perspire. As the body cools down, pores begin to close.
The therapeutic benefits of steam bathing have been known for centuries. Several of the more common benefits of steam include:
- Reduced stress: The heat generated by a steam shower causes the body to release endorphins, also known as the “feel good” hormones that help reduce stress. Steam also helps decrease cortisol hormones that are released during stressful situations. Drops in cortisol levels make people feel more relaxed, in control and rejuvenated.
- Removes toxins: Nothing releases toxins from the body with the same precision as a steam bath. The soothing warmth opens pores, which om turn lifts out impurities of everyday living. This is especially important to clients who may not exercise regularly or don’t have opportunities that cause them to sweat naturally. Sweating can actually remove up to 30% of a body’s toxins.
- Improved immunity systems: An increase in body temperature that results from sitting in a steam bath causes the body’s immune system to respond in the same manner as it responds to infections. The body produces more white blood cells and antibodies that serve to fight and destroy other germs in the body.
- Improved skin health and tone: Heat and steam change a body’s metabolism and blood flow for the better, nourishing skin and producing a healthy glow.
- Improved respiration: Steam opens airways in the lungs, helping to improve the respiratory function of those who suffer from allergies, asthma, sinusitis and some strains of bronchitis.
- Improved sleep: Steam bathing promotes a better night’s sleep. While in the steam room, the body temperature increases. After the bath, the body temperature returns to normal, thereby causing rapid eye movement to increase significantly. This results in people oftentimes waking up more refreshed and alert.
- Relaxed muscles: Steam baths generate heat, which in turn helps aching muscles relax and causes the widening of blood vessels, which subsequently allows more oxygen to flow through them and in turn ease tension. The heat generated by steam causes the whole body to retreat into an inner sanctum, which is why steam baths are perfect for those who suffer from arthritis, consistent muscle pain, joint pain or soreness after a workout.
- Environmentally efficient: Stream showers conserve more water than a regular shower or bath. Steam systems are “green”, requiring only one gallon of water to power a 20-minute steam bath compared to regular showers, which can use 30 gallons of water during the same time frame.
If you would like a steam system to be at the center of your in-home refuge, please give our showroom a call at (313) 831-7770 or visit us at 150 Parsons ST, Detroit Michigan 48201.